Re: Gender differences in cyberspace

Subject: Re: Gender differences in cyberspace
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 09:58:26 -0800

>Most of this kind of unwitting bias is gone now, in my view.
>I cannot think of a reason I would ever include in my doc anything
>that would appeal only to one sex or the other.

What writers like John Gray and Deborah Tannen are getting at is a lot more
subtle than using cheescake pictures to illustrate printer resolution.
Sometimes people really do (mis-)communicate with each other as if they came
from different planets.

If you read their books, I bet you'll find plenty of examples of
communication styles that you use that risk misunderstanding by a large
portion of your target audience. ...RM

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro