Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 14 Nov 1995 to 15 Nov 1995

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 14 Nov 1995 to 15 Nov 1995
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 06:51:41 PST

>The recent thread about writing for beta releases made me wonder how other
>technical writers write around design flaws. I'm not talking about stuff
>that will be corrected before the final version goes out the door, and I'm
>not talking about a few bugs in a program. I'm interested in how people
>write around serious flaws for which there is no logical explanation. And,
>for the sake of discussion, let's assume that there is no way to get rid of
>these design flaws.

You write about them in a bland and factual manner, calmly giving
the tortuous workarounds, and altogether hiding the fact that the
stupidity of the Powers That Be fills you with indignation (or
even rage).

The readers are perfectly capable of saying, "This stinks" without
our help.

-- Robert

--
Robert Plamondon * President/Managing Editor, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139