Sir Isaac Newton has nothing on us!

Subject: Sir Isaac Newton has nothing on us!
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 07:39:10 -0600

Brett stated:

>So, while there are many instances where the necessary apostrophe is
>omitted, they are at least partially offset by gratuitous ones.

I've noticed that, too. I call it "The Law of Conservation of Apostrophes."

For every omitted, necessary apostrophe, there exists an included,
unnecessary apostrophe.

:-)

LaVonna Funkhouser
(She who has been known to cross out unnecessary apostrophes
on handmade signs in an attempt to upset the equilibrium)
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com