Re: spell check

Subject: Re: spell check
From: Rick Lippincott <rjl -at- BOSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 14:39:17 EST

Stacey asked:

>What words do y'all regularly delete from your spell-checkers? And why?

It never crossed my mind to delete some words from the spell-checker, but
now that it's been brought up it seems like a good idea. I can probably find
quite a few words that are in the spell check dictionary that will likely
-never- show up in my documents. "Ass" just might be the best example.

I would say that the list of deleted words will vary from job to job. Stacey
also cited "ion." That's another word that probably won't come up at my
current job, but as my previous one was at a company that made ion implantation
devices, the word was used quite frequently.

For me, the choice is often what to -add- to the dictionary. Acronymns often
go in, unless they're a letter or two off from a common word.

Rick Lippincott
Boston Technology
Wakefield, MA
rjl -at- bostech -dot- com