Re: Apostrophe question

Subject: Re: Apostrophe question
From: Bev Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 16:44:53 MST

Bonni Graham wrote-->
> According to Strunk and White, the correct way to create a possessive
> out of a proper noun ending in "s" is with "'s" (e.g., Gwen Barnes's)
> not simply "'" as I wrote.
======

I was about to sign a greeting card this morning, and I wanted
to write:

The Parks
George, Beverly, and Molly

But then I realized I didn't know how to pluralize Parks (and
all my good books are at work). So instead, I wrote

George, Beverly, and Molly Parks

I had a gnawing suspicion that the answer was The Parkses, and
I don't like the look of that AT ALL.

What *is* the answer?
Parks' perhaps, in which case the apostrophe is not used to
indicate possession.

P.S. This is a valid tech writing question, BTW. Someday we may
have to write

The Windows
WFW, NT, and 95

<G>

Bev Parks
Furlough 95 -- Day 6
bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil