Address for kodak's root Web page -- strange but true!

Subject: Address for kodak's root Web page -- strange but true!
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 11:36:10 -0500

The primary site name for Kodak is actually wwww.kodak.com (note the FOUR
w's) and www.kodak.com (three w's) is an alias for it, according to my
local DNS (domain name server).

What this means: anyone's DNS is not necessarily going to "know" yet that
www.kodak.com is an alias for the four-w version. My guess is that some
poor soul at Kodak originally filled out the InterNIC registration form
somewhat incorrectly and, ex post facto, had to set the www=wwww alias up
on their DNS and possibly a few other ones close to them hop-wise. That
kind of informational change takes some time to propagate.

So if www.kodak.com doesn't work in the URL, wwww.kodak.com probably will.
I can say that I just tried it, and it did for me.

Ciao
PatO'
titanide -at- micro -dot- org