Re: Brainstorm for toolbar button

Subject: Re: Brainstorm for toolbar button
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 23:45:45 -0500

How about: a button that puts the letters "de" above a
simple representation of a fault line in the ground?

Or (thinking of "default" as being roughly equivalent to "fallback") a
picture of someone falling backwards? OK, OK, maybe that one's not such a
good idea...the potential for someone to view this as the "Start Global
Thermonuclear War" button is a little high, I'll agree.

Buttons that depict *concepts* are the toughest! I once had to come up
with a visual representation of "property" for a Windows help file (for a
Visual Basic custom control (VBX)). I ended up with a tiny diagram of a
cube with double-arrow-ended lines paralleling three edges, much like the
line-broken-with-numerical-measurement paradigm I was taught to indicate
the length of a line segment. But I only had 32x32 to work with, so the
lines had to be *inside* the faces of the cube!

Man, this is a toughie. Anyone else got any bright ideas?

PatO'
titanide -at- micro -dot- org