How much has tech writing increased?

Subject: How much has tech writing increased?
From: Tracy James <O9AR -at- SDSUMUS -dot- SDSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 23:29:05 CST

Does anyone know a percentage for how fast technical writing
is growing. Maybe like in the last 5 years. Do you know were I
can easily find the information? By how fast, I'm thinking more
along the lines as a profession, not engineers who write
documentation.
Tracy James
o9ar -at- sdsumus -dot- sdstate -dot- edu