Re[2]: Writing internships?

Subject: Re[2]: Writing internships?
From: DIGEST Jason Pare <Jason_Pare_at_Tech-Pubs -at- CCMAILPC -dot- CTRON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 11:51:13 EST

>I've heard of schools being fussy about this; like there's something
>inherently unclean about students receiving -both- academic credit and
>money for their effort. This has never made sense to me

Me either. Ethically, this may make sense. Realistically, I don't know. Today's
students live in a complicated world. Sure, there will always be kids just
sliding along, but for the students who attend school, work full time and pay
real world bills (as bro does, I did, and a good percentage of students probably
do) such policies make it VERY difficult for people to get an education, never
mind gain real-world educational experience. I was pretty frazzled after 6
months of a 40 hour internship days, and a 40 hour job nights/weekends. But you
do what you gotta do, I guess.

BTW, thanks to you Doug, and to all of you for your replies. I am still
receiving really positive and supportive responses, as well as a couple solid
leads. The general consensus was that most internship are paid, or should be.

I knew this was a good forum for TW issues, but I didn't realize what a
supportive group you guys are!

Thanks again,
Jason