Writing the manual concurrently -- a Project Manager's perspective

Subject: Writing the manual concurrently -- a Project Manager's perspective
From: Richard G Harris <rgh -at- WORLD -dot- STD -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 11:25:17 +0001

A recent thread dealth with writingthe manual before, or concurrent with,
a new product. As a project manager, and a technical writer, I know how
tough that is. Unfortunately, in today's business climate, it's often
necessary.

I thing the three most important ingredients are

* communication
* communication
* communication

I don't know that any one type of communication is better than another. I
just know it's impossible to communicate too much. I think we all tend to
have too many meetings though. I personally prefer one-to-one communication.

One man's opinion...

Dick Harris
Waters Corp.
rgh -at- world -dot- std -dot- com