Re: Collecting Receivables

Subject: Re: Collecting Receivables
From: DAVID IBBETSON <ibbetson -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 13:29:46 -0500

At one time I worked for a large UK company that was notoriously slow at
paying its bills.

I used a number of sub-contractors who made it clear that if their bills,
which came in at least monthly, weren't paid promptly then they would stop
work on the contracts.

I would warn the accounts department, who would then pay promptly.
Everybody, except the accountant who established the policy, was happy.

On the other hand, I worked for a short time for a small company that was
slow in paying its bills. It took me over two years after I stopped working
for them to get the money they owed me.

Unless you enjoy being bilked, my advice is summed up by the medieval
saying: "No money. No Swiss [mercenaries]".
David (idiot boy) Ibbetson
ibbetson -at- idirect -dot- com