Re: Training

Subject: Re: Training
From: Pat Madea <madea -at- MMSI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 13:40:15 MST

Ian,

Regarding your request,

>In the new year I'll be writing a training manual for new software the
>company I work for is producing and then do the training. I am looking for
>reference material and advice on:
>
>1. researching and writing training manuals
>2. planning and leading training sessions

A good place to start is Robert F. Mager's books. They're very
concise and include examples of what he means. He's written at least
six of them (commonly referred to as Mager's Six-pack), each with a
different focus.

He's not the final word, by any means, but it's a solid place to
start. I don't have the titles readily available, but searching by
his last name will locate his work.

madea // madea -at- mmsi -dot- com