Re: How much has tech writing increased?

Subject: Re: How much has tech writing increased?
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 08:18:51 MST

John Posada <jposada -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM> wrote-->
<snip> Seriously...while the stress of policework may be great, anyone
can feel as stressed in their particular field as anyone else.
On any given day, a person from any profession can feel
stressed enough to suck on a 45 and (some) people from (almost)
every profession do. The pressure was high *to them*. <snip>
==================
Very true. Consider postal workers. Who would ever think postal
work was a stressful job? Yet the term "going postal"--meaning
to go to your workplace, shotgun in hand, and shooting the place
up--was not coined for the hell of it.

Stress is a very personal thing. We all handle it in different
ways. There are probably surgeons and firefighters who
experience very little stress. So, perhaps one occupation is not
really more stress-causing than another; maybe some people are
more stress-susceptible than others.

Just a thought.

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= Huachuca : That's pronounced "wah-CHEW-ka" =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=