Re: Tech writer who can't write a resume

Subject: Re: Tech writer who can't write a resume
From: Win Day <winday -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 11:05:45 -0500

At 01:01 PM 12/6/95 PST, Heli Roosild wrote:
>This has been an eye-opening thread for me. It had never occurred to me
>that a technical writer would farm it out. I'll have to add that question
>to my interview list. (And BTW, I doubt I'd hire any writer who did NOT
>write his/her own.)

But, Heli, why not? A resume is a marketing piece, not a technical manual.

Would you hire a technical writer to create advertising? Probably not --
you'd hire an ad agency. So why shouldn't a technical writer, who know she
isn't a marketer, hire one to help with her resume?

The underlying rule should be: make sure the tool suits the job.

Win
Win Day
Technical Writer/Editor
Email: winday -at- idirect -dot- com