Cross-Platform Help

Subject: Cross-Platform Help
From: Beryl Doane <BDoane -at- ENGPO -dot- MSMAILGW -dot- INTERMEC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 08:55:00 PST

I'm looking for info on creating online help for multiple platforms. My
company develops software for HP-UNIX, SCO-UNIX, Windows, and OS/2. I am
looking for a help authoring tool that handles single source files with
mutiple output platforms.

We have been using Dovetail Help System and XVT development software. The
major draw backs are the lack of project management tools, working in tagged
ASCII files only, and platform-specific bugs. Has anyone found something
like RoboHelp that works across at least 2 other platforms?

bd
Beryl Doane
Senior Technical Writer
Intermec