Re: Tufte's seminars

Subject: Re: Tufte's seminars
From: Janet Renze <Jlrcgn -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 11:19:09 -0500

Tammy--
I used both of the Tufte (tuf-tee) books in grad school
for visual design courses--Envisioning Information and
Quantitative Display... Both were great--I would *highly*
recommend going to a seminar that he presented. However,
be realistic about what you want to get out of the time--
most of his work is very good (that's why everyone with
anything to do in graphics cites him), but not _how-to_.
you'll learn lots, but maybe not lots that will help you
in the day-to-day grind. his books are _coffee table_
quality and enlightening--hope his seminar is as good!

good luck and please let us know how it went!
Janet Renze
jlrcgn -at- aol -dot- com