S/he, "you," etc.

Subject: S/he, "you," etc.
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 10:28:23 EST

I'm amazed and delighted at how this thread has played out. There's one
problem, though. We need to make sure that we're all tolerant of views
different from our own. If we aren't careful, people who don't espouse
the majority point of view will get ticked off, fail to express their
views, and maybe even leave the list. We are all poorer for this. We can
disagree respectfully and learn something from each other.

Sex and gender are such hot areas that it is particularly likely that this
can happen. It doesn't have to. Mostly, I don't think it has, but I have
seen some indications of it.

Anyway, I love seeing the exchange of ideas. It's why I joined this list
and why I stay on it. The rash of responses to my original posting -- and
the new thread that has evolved out of it -- were a lovely present
yesterday morning when I came in after being out sick for several days.
Thanks, guys!

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com
(BNA and I don't speak for each other, and we like it like that.)