Re: Contractions in User Guides

Subject: Re: Contractions in User Guides
From: "Hofer, Theresa M PL" <HoferTM -at- PO4 -dot- PL -dot- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 10:47:00 GMT

I missed some messages for a day or two there, so perhaps this issue has
already been raised.

One thing to consider re: using contractions in user guides is whether or
not your guide needs to be translated. I seem to recall being told that
contractions can be difficult to translate, especially if the first pass is
being done with some kind of automated translation software. Just a
consideration.

Theresa
Theresa Hofer
TMHofer -at- po4 -dot- pl -dot- unisys -dot- com
Unisys Corporation
41100 Plymouth Road
Plymouth, MI 48170
My views are mine, not my employer's