-No Subject-

Subject: -No Subject-
From: Jill Clay <Jill_Clay -at- ARBORSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 15:49:35 EDT

Hi,

I use Word 6.0 for Windows. I am desperately seeking the answer to this
question:

Our chapters must start on the right-facing page, that is, on an odd page. Is
there any way to force this condition? This is what we do now: We make sure
each individual chapter ends on an even-numbered page (we do a Print Preview to
ensure this), then build it into the master doc. INEVITABLY some chapters
start on even pages even so, and one "bad" chapter throws all the others off.
And you have to page through the whole damn thing, which takes forever, to make
sure the chapters start on odd pages. And every time you fix one chapter, the
ripple effect may or may not affect other chapters (I swear, it's not
predictable).

A side note: in order to make our book-building "manageable" (as manageable as
WOrd lets you), we chunk our chapters into Parts (Part 1, chapters 1-3; Part
II, chapters 4 - 8... etc). We do not make the Part a master doc - just a
series of chapters with a Part Intro beginning each part. I get these stupid
things PERFECT and then when I pull them into the maaster doc, again, there's
always some chapter starting on an even page.

All I want is a way to force chapters to ALWAYS start on odd pages. This would
save me & co-workers hours and hours of time.
And no, it was not my decision to use Word for large books.

Many thanks from this WWW (Word-wrangled woman).