"The Handbook of Nonsexist Writing" by Casey Miller and Kate Swift

Subject: "The Handbook of Nonsexist Writing" by Casey Miller and Kate Swift
From: Donna Blakeslee <donnab -at- DONNAB2 -dot- US -dot- DG -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 12:26:29 -0500

Read this friendly manual! It thoughtfully and thoroughly addresses the issues
of
the gender-neutral discussion. It includes many fine examples of how to recast
gender-specific
text into gender-neutral text without being awkward. I recommended this manual
once when a boss asked members of
our documentation department for recommendations for our professional library.
He agreed that
it would be helpful and asked me to order it. When the manual arrived, even
before he
saw it, he said it covered an topic of personal, not professional growth, and
so it was not appropriate for our professional library. I argued with him, but
no avail. Then I bought this manual for my own personal professional growth.

DonnaB