Re: Technical Writer Backgrounds

Subject: Re: Technical Writer Backgrounds
From: "Joe Thornell Sr." <jettech -at- SIOUX -dot- SODAK -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 14:21:23 -0600

I would have to agree with Simon North regarding the inaccurate descriptions
of why some of us became Technical Writers. I was an Air Force Missile
Hydraulics person with a college degree and an affection for quality
Technical Documentation. I happened to go to a job fair and talk with some
aerospace recruiters about their technical writing positions and that is how
I got started. However, my success in technical writing came because of my
internal value structure, desire to provide quality documents, and my
ability to keep simulateous projects going forward on schedule. I believe
there are many ways to become a Technical Writer, but after ten years of
technical writing, I feel my education, technical background, and a good
dose of common sense were my strongest assets.

Joseph E. Thornell, Sr. P.O. Box 4
Technical Writer Dell Rapids, SD 57022-0004
JET Tech Pubs 605.428.4169
Email:jettech -at- sioux -dot- sodak -dot- net

"Quality Reading is IMPOSSIBLE without QUALITY WRITING"