Re: PCMCIA cards, Internet vs. internet

Subject: Re: PCMCIA cards, Internet vs. internet
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 07:06:14 MST

Andrew Woodhouse <awoodhou -at- MPC-UK -dot- COM> wrote the following in
response to Al Rubottom's great explanation of
Internet/internet:

> Is that right?

> I'm in the telecomms field, and not once, NEVER, have I heard of 'an
internet'.

> Guess I don't know as much as I thought I did :-(

Yup, it's true. I've been a computer programmer/analyst in the
telecommunications field for the past 8 years and only learned
of the distinction about a year ago. The last 9 months or so,
I've been getting involved in networking, attending courses about
networking, and reading about networking. The distinction
between an internet and THE Internet has been brought out in
most of the networking classes and in some of the books.

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= SEASON'S GREETINGS TO ONE AND ALL! =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=