Re: A disturbing trend?

Subject: Re: A disturbing trend?
From: Helen Hegelheimer <hxh -at- FORMTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 11:34:56 -0500

List Members -

I apologize for "shooting from the mouth". Of course a discussion on
Certification is appropriate on this list.

I was more concerned about the comments that people were taking technical
communication courses to "retain their unemployment insurance benefits" and
the implication (at least thats the way I read it) that Junior College
Certificate programs were of no apparent use.

After 10 years as a technical writer here in Silicon Valley, I took one
of those JC Certificate Programs. I was impressed with how much I learned
and how much my writing improved because of those couses. My fellow
students held impressive degrees in other fields and were either in
career transition or justing wanting to hone their skills as I was.

Now, I'll go back to my lurking and think twice before I post again....

Helen Hegelheimer
hxh -at- formtek -dot- com