Re: hyphenating email/e-mail/E-mail

Subject: Re: hyphenating email/e-mail/E-mail
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 06:19:57 MST

Al Rubottom <aer -at- PCSI -dot- CIRRUS -dot- COM> wrote regarding an article in
the NY Times-->
> I think the Times came down in favor of "E-mail"
> [maybe e-mail], 'cuz it's like e-pub(lication), e-text,
> e-zine, and so on... What do you e-think 'bout that?

I think it's crazy. You are saying that you think the Times is
basing the form of a decades old term on the forms of such very
new terms as e-pub, e-text, and e-zine? Where's the time
machine? If anything, I think the latter examples took their
form from e-mail.

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= SEASON'S GREETINGS TO ONE AND ALL! =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=