Re: Changing our Language

Subject: Re: Changing our Language
From: Bonni Graham <bonnig -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 10:51:58 -0800

>After all "anyone" can write

After hearing this from a programmer one too many times ("I could write
this -- I had four years of English in high school, too, you know"), I
finally came up with a response that got the point across:

ME: Oh, I see. You know, I had four years of math in high school. Why
don't I take a look at your code and see what I can do to help out?

PRG: Oh, no! My major in college was Computer Science, and I had
extensive post-secondary training in software development...and I went
to a specific...class...for...this...Oh. What information do you need
to be able to start writing?

It works!

B.

--