Re: CE Safety Symbols/Verbage vs US Cautions/Warnings?

Subject: Re: CE Safety Symbols/Verbage vs US Cautions/Warnings?
From: Mercedes Abels <maa5906 -at- GRIFFON -dot- MWSC -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 13:48:59 -0600

The company where I work does operator and maintenance manuals for
utility indusrty vehicles---lots of Danger, Warning, Caution stuff. We
use ANSI guidelines for the text of the safety alert, but we preface the
whole thing with the triangle-exclamation point symbol. For instance:

<symbol> Danger
Do not exceed the figures stated on the jib capacity chart. Overloading
the jib may cause failure of the jib. Serious injury or death could result.

Our units are sold in several foreign countries and this alert seems to
be aceptable, but there may be some other requirements that I'm not yet
aware of.

Marci