Problems Compiling Localized Online Help Files

Subject: Problems Compiling Localized Online Help Files
From: Angela Williams <williama -at- COGNOS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 09:35:44 -0500

Hi Techwr-lers,

I'm posting this for our translation group, here and on winhlp-l. If you can
help or suggest other lists that can help with this problem, that would be
really appreciated.

Has anyone experienced the following problem when compiling localized online
help files: The RTF source files have the NORMAL.DOT stylesheet attached and
were localized and compiled on machines running under foreign language
versions of Windows. After debugging the RTF files on machines with English
Windows, we experienced serious problems when trying to recompile them with
the HCP compiler (version 3.10.505 extended). The resulting HLP file lost
some of its functionality, major font substitutions occurred and text
appeared with revision marks, although the RTF files look perfectly fine.

Comments or suggestions how to remedy this problem are appreciated.

Please reply to me directly as I am on NOMAIL over the holidays. Thanks.

Angela Williams - Technical Writer
williama -at- cognos -dot- com

Cognos Incorporated
3755 Riverside Dr.; P.O. Box 9707, Stn. T; Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; K1G 4K9
Voice: (613) 738-1440 ext 3141 Fax: (613) 738-0002