Re: unix man pages

Subject: Re: unix man pages
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 1995 00:04:22 GMT

> If so, have you found a way to author the man pages in something other >than
nroff, then convert to nroff?

Check out http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/Tools/Filters.html
for a long list of filters from X to Y. (If you in Netscape now,
you can click on the above address). The tool closest to what is
desired is probably "unroff" (HTML --> Nroff).

I think I've also seen Frame --> Nroff filters on the Web, but don't
remember the address. There are a BUNCH of filters out there - but
the ones I just scanned are mostly converting to HTML. Still, the
person who wrote man2html might be able to help...

Alta Vista (http://altavista.digital.com/) seems to have one of
the better Web search engines these days, if you want to poke around.

The only thing I don't understand is why someone would not _want_
to write in Nroff to begin with... ;)

David (The Man)
Technical Writer
QUALCOMM