Re: hobbies & interests on resumes

Subject: Re: hobbies & interests on resumes
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 12:11:46 -0800

Anne Weiler, at the end of a good post on resumes, says...

>Point taken. I have a friend who has a pretty humorous resume, and lists
>"chasing cars" as one of his hobbies. He's a strong-willed individual who
>firmly believes if people don't like his resume, he doesn't want to work
>there.

Although I don't (currently) have a hobbies and interests section in
my resume, I *do* put a lot of my personality into it -- and I too have
a "like me or leave me" attitude about applying for a job. I've been
called arrogant because of it (who, me??? ;-) ). I'm not saying that
this approach *guarantees* job satisfaction, but it's one of the
methods I use to filter out the companies where I know I won't fit in.

-Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com