Re: certification

Subject: Re: certification
From: Caryn Rizell <CARYN_RIZELL -at- HP-ROSEVILLE-OM2 -dot- OM -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 14:51:35 -0800

Item Subject: certification
This certification discussion has been around for a while. I remember
seeing this last year.

I haven't really been following it closely this time around, but one
question comes to mind: Having certification does not mean that we are all
tested, does it? It would just mean that those of us that want to be
certified will voluntarily be tested to show that we are certified, right?

That would take care of the grandfather (grandparent?) issue. Noone would
have to be tested, but anyone that wanted to show they have the
certification would have to do be tested regardless of length in the
profession. What would be wrong with that? How is that different than me
taking coursework at a university to show I have completed a certificate
program?

I am in favor of the idea. To me it is just another way to show that I am
serious about my profession.

Caryn Rizell
Learning Products Engineer
Hewlett-Packard