Re: FYI: Re: Re. Certification rebuttal/follow-on

Subject: Re: FYI: Re: Re. Certification rebuttal/follow-on
From: Win Day <winday -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 10:05:21 -0500

At 06:22 AM 1/3/96 -0800, Sue Ellen Adkins wrote:

>Geoff Hart wrote:
>> Being evaluated on the basis of my work is much
>> more attractive to me than whether I was able
>> to complete a two-hour test well.

>I agree with you on being judged by our work rather than
>on a test. However, there is a small group of writers
>who, because of their subjects or customers, cannot
>legally provide samples of their products. I'm referring
>to proposals and manuals written for the government.

I don't write for the government. But most of what I write is proprietary,
and I cannot allow it to be viewed by third parties. I signed all sorts of
secrecy agreements for my current client and for most of my previous
clients, and I can't violate those agreements.

How could I get certified on the basis of what I write, if I can't allow
anyone to review it?

Win
Win Day
Technical Writer/Editor