Re. "Darn lawyers"?

Subject: Re. "Darn lawyers"?
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 09:49:18 LCL

I'm a bit behind in my digests, but it's still interesting
to note that no one has yet criticized the phrase "damn
lawyers" which appeared in a previous posting. Is this
because no one's had a good experience with a lawyer? Are
we being unprofessinal in blanketly condemning a sister
profession(i.e., fellow technical writers, albeit extremely
bad ones)?

Here's my vote: "What's the difference between lawyers and
laboratory rats? No one objects to performing painful,
humiliating and potentially lethal experiments on lawyers."

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of our
reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.