Re: Robert Plamondon's comments re: writers who R not good self-editors

Subject: Re: Robert Plamondon's comments re: writers who R not good self-editors
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 08:41:56 PST

Patrick O'Connell writes:
>I must disagree strongly with this. When it comes to one's resume there
>are no excuses for a ***writer***, one whose stock in trade is the written
>word, to have spelling errors. The definition of self-editing, I think,
>can include being intelligent enough to have someone ELSE look at your
>resume because you know you can't look at it objectively and see the
>screw-ups.

Let's do a thought experiment to see how strongly you believe this.
Suppose you were advertising for a writer, and you had someone who
was a good proofreader available to assist you. Would you instruct
the proofreader to discard all resumes that contained even a single
spelling error, and present you with only the letter-perfect ones?
I wouldn't.

-- Robert

--
Robert Plamondon * President/Managing Editor, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139