Word 7.0 problem solved (case closed)

Subject: Word 7.0 problem solved (case closed)
From: Guy McDonald <guym -at- DAKA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 12:15:42 -0800

I can't go into detail now, but will type what I found out from Microsoft
today. The problem with using EPS formats in version 7.0 lies not in Word,
it lies in that monster called Win 95. Latest and greatest.... expect a
FixPak from the MS Corp in March (yeah right, checks in the mail too).

Anyways, since many of you (like myself) use Word instead of FrameMaker due
to client compatibility, this issue may come up. Currently I am taking PLT
files and converting into Adobe EPS graphics then linking to the Word doc.
It doesn't matter if you use PhotoShop or other versions of the EPS
format, Win 95 screws up the ability of Word 7.0 to print the graphics.

Don't ask me about specifics, because I'm not a programmer. To me,
computers are like a knife & fork.... just a tool. For now the subject is
closed since MS has to act. The thing that irks me somewhat is that
patching this minor problem could probably be done in one day, yet the MS
Corp has decided to include it in the major fixpackage.

Thanks for all the interest in helping me today. If requested, I will send
a more detailed message to you personally on the two topics: Word 7.0 & MS
Exchange WINDAT attachments (which I'm glad to see that Sue Gallagher is
happy about)

Guy McDonald
guym -at- daka -dot- com