Re: Difference between editor and manager

Subject: Re: Difference between editor and manager
From: David Dubin <David_Dubin -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 07:52:38 EST

George,
I agree with your disagreement in principle. It is hard (but not impossible)
for a staff member to be mentored by the person who writes their evaluation. It
is only difficult to mentor someone on whom you write an evaluation. Mentoring
is a term that can be open to many interpretations, but, to me, it means, a
teacher or coach. I believe (after 27 years in the Army) that it is implicit
responsibility of everyone in a leadership position to assist and guide their
subordinates in building both skills and teams to achieve goals.

David Dubin -at- notes -dot- pw -dot- com
This has been one man's opinion, yours may vary with mileage.