-No Subject-

Subject: -No Subject-
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 11:16:56 LCL

Bob,

You asked

> Why would you ever need to rekey information going from one
> system to another? Sounds like unnecessary work to me.

Lots of reasons. Engineers in department A are using EMAC. Engineers in
department B are using Word. Some of the programmers prefer WordPerfect and the
tech doc folks use FrameMaker. Only the marketing group uses Quark for the
datasheets and brochures. And the tech doc people always learn about the 15
parameters that have changed in the 3 months since they first put them in the
doc, and now those parameters are mostly summarized in one place, but everyone
is aware that they **may** have mentioned one or two of them in a couple of
other places so they better go check **the whole databook** just to be sure
before the thing ships to the printer on Monday and, oh, by the way, did anyone
tell marketing about those changes????

You get the idea.

Best,

/chet

Chet Ensign
Logical Design Solutions
571 Central Avenue http://www.lds.com
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 censign -at- lds -dot- com [email]
908-771-9221, Ext. 164 [Phone] 908-771-0430 [FAX]