Re: Quote Marks

Subject: Re: Quote Marks
From: Mercedes Abels <maa5906 -at- GRIFFON -dot- MWSC -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 06:45:04 -0600

We use similar conventions where I work, but are required to make an
explanantion of these methods up front. Theory is that while it may be
perfectly clear to me what I'm doing, the only way to be sure it's clear
to me reader is to add a prargraph explaining the convention at the
beginning of the book.

On Wed, 10 Jan 1996, George Allaman wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, Tracy Boyington wrote:

> I was taught - and I probably erroneously assumed it was the industry
> standard - that anything you read from the screen should be courier, anything
> you type in or click on should be bold. However, when indicating a single
> key, enclose caps in angle brackets, as in <ENTER> or <CTRL>+<F3>. I was told
> never to capitalize words except in these angle brackets. Italics I thought
> were reserved for introducing new terms.

George Allaman | |