Re: Warnings...from the twilight zone (was Re: Re: Warnings)

Subject: Re: Warnings...from the twilight zone (was Re: Re: Warnings)
From: John Hedtke <jhedtke -at- OZ -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 19:03:21 GMT

Bill Newkirk WB9IVR <wenewkirk -at- rodes -dot- cca -dot- rockwell -dot- com> wrote:

>nancyh -at- pmafire -dot- inel -dot- gov (Nancy Hayes) wrote:
>>RE: Fire hazard warning on the magic marker
>>
>>ROTFLMHO. Seriously, it's too true to be funny, but I think that
>>this is probably the stupidist thing I've ever heard. The stupidist
>>thing I've ever seen is the fanny slappers that we have to have at
>>the top of stairs here at the chem plant. It's an OSHA(?)
>>requirement to have these stupid things in place so someone can't
>>back down a flight of stairs. The reason they're called fanny
>>slappers is that if you don't catch them on the way through, they
>>slap you (and knock you off balance so you stumble down the steps).
>>

>we had sticker mania here a while back...so we now have the water fountains
>draped with a sticker that reads: "Do not pour chemicals in this sink."
>One wonders why they just didn't plug the drains...8)

>Anybody know what it says on the warning label on a pro football helmet?
>(I guess i should stop by the sporting goods store sometime..)

There's also a warning I've noticed recently on the never-ending towel
dispensers in public bathrooms enjoining the user from sticking his
head in the loop of towels and hanging himself. (Not having been in a
public women's bathroom for a while, I can only assume that this will
apply in theory to women, too, though I'd hope that half the species
would be smarter than that.)

Gee, I dunno, though: I think you gotta be a special kind of stupid to
intentionally hang yourself in a bathroom from the towel dispenser.

Yours Truly,

John Hedtke