Screen Capture without rasters?

Subject: Screen Capture without rasters?
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 17:28:00 +0100

Hello Simon,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Simon North an All am 04.01.96

SN> From: Simon North <snorth -at- tedopres -dot- nl>

SN> When I capture
SN> the screens (Windows 3.1 _not_ 95) for inclusion in MS-WfW
SN> (i.e. BMP, PCX
SN> or TIF), I get the most awful grid/rastering effect. Other than
SN> manually
SN> retouching every screen by hand, can anyone suggest a
SN> fitering/masking
SN> effect or software package that could be used to convert these
SN> colours to a usable grey scale?

use a graphics program like Brenda or Paintshop Pro (both shareware on CICA
and other ftp servers) with batch processing capabilities. For screenshots it
should be sufficient to replace the palette of each picture.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander