STC 2nd VP Election

Subject: STC 2nd VP Election
From: "Larry Kunz ((919) 254-6395)" <ldkunz -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 11:38:47 EST

This past Thursday TECHWR-L carried an endorsement and a petition for
Lance Gelein, who's running for Second Vice-President of STC.
Ironically, it supported the only one of the three candidates who's
*not* a subscriber and contributor to TECHWR-L, and as far as we know
it was posted without Lance's knowledge.

The other candidates for Second Vice-President -- Binion Amerson and
Larry Kunz -- have agreed that we're not going to wage our campaign
in TECHWR-L. While this is the place to discuss the issues that
affect our profession, it's not the place to discuss the
personalities. Bear in mind also that TECHWR-L is not affiliated
with STC and that not everyone who reads TECHWR-L is a member of STC.

Thanks to Liz Babcock for the additional insights she posted.

There are other ways besides TECHWR-L to make your opinions known
about the election -- one good way is to write a letter to the editor
of your chapter newsletter. If you're an STC member, we urge you to
learn all you can about all of the candidates (get the videotape Liz
mentioned!) and cast an informed vote when the ballots are mailed
next month.

Binion Amerson
Director-Sponsor, STC Region 5
aba -at- unicomp -dot- net

Larry Kunz
STC Assistant to the President for Professional Development
ldkunz -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com