Re[2]: Eudora Light & Note to all E-Mail Users

Subject: Re[2]: Eudora Light & Note to all E-Mail Users
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 08:07:00 -0600

MBoyer asked: Ary you saving the file from word with a TXT extension?

***Yes, in Word I have tried saving it as:

I haven't tried Eudora Light, but I used to use the free version of Eudora
all the time.

The version I used had three choices for encoding attachments. It would seem
that your receiver can't decode the attachment. Look at the resulting
"gibberish."

1) If every line except the last begins with "M", then it's uuencoded, and
you'll need a uudecoder to read it. I use uuUndo for the Mac, but there's
plaenty of others.

2) If there's something about "base64" encoding written in it, then you'll
need a MIME decoder. The best one I've tried is Munpack.

3) If it says this file is encode with BinHex, then you'll need a binhex
decoder (DeHQX, Stuffit, etc.) to read it.

In all of these cases, you should trim off the excess material before and
after the start of the attachment. This will usually be clearly marked. Save
the encoded text in a separate file. Then run the decoder against it.

If you can't figure it out, send the first couple of lines to me (copy them
from the "gibberish" file and paste them into a message, don't send them as
an attachment) and I'll take a look at it, to see if I can figure out what
the encoding is.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124