Re: What's with the new docs?

Subject: Re: What's with the new docs?
From: Helen Hegelheimer <hxh -at- FORMTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 20:20:57 -0500

> Jan Bergen laments:
> I'm so exasperated..... what is happening with the documentation,
> both online and paper, with some of the new Windows 95 programs? Or
> perhaps I should rephrase that: what is NOT happening....?

>>good stuff snipped>>

What's happening is a combination of MONEY as in "we don't want to
spend the money for printing, manpower etc." and MISUNDERSTANDING of
documentation and its added value.

Too easy these days for management to say "we've got online help, why do
we need docs ?" Besides, they don't want to give us the time to generate
good documentation or online help for that matter.....

I agree with you about the third party books. Looks like that might be
a place we'll all be soon.

Helen Hegelheimer
hxh -at- formtek -dot- com