Re: [Re:] What's with the new docs?

Subject: Re: [Re:] What's with the new docs?
From: Marilynne Smith <mrsmith -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 21:16:00 PST

More than once I have been tempted to rewrite a few pages of a software
manual, send it back to the seller, and offer to re-do the job. The reason
I didn't is because these people are foolish enough to pay for poor work,
they are probably also foolish enough to stand behind it.

Marilynne
At 04:47 PM 1/22/96 PST, John Gear wrote:
>>I'm so exasperated..... what is happening with the documentation,
>>both online and paper, with some of the new Windows 95 programs? Or
>>perhaps I should rephrase that: what is NOT happening....?

>Don't mourn, organize.

>Have you *returned* any of the software to the vendor and said "To hell with
>your license agreement, this documentation is inadequate, I want my money
>back!"?
<snip>

>If technical communicators won't do it, no one will. And companies will
>(continue to) get the message that documentation is not important to sales.

>John Gear (catalyst -at- pacifier -dot- com)

Marilynne Smith
mrsmith -at- cts -dot- com