Re: What *is* user-friendly...

Subject: Re: What *is* user-friendly...
From: Dot James <dot -at- HPOEMB05 -dot- SJ -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 07:57:05 PST

You wrote:

>Thanks to Laura, Kristina, and Tracy -- three Techwhirlers who were
>not yet born when JFK was shot -- who wrote to assure me that my
>generational theory about user-friendliness is full of goose guano.

Apparently, you are determined to continue to use your definition of a
baby-boomer even though I sent you a private e-mail. Since I don't
think your myth should become "fact," I am sending the correction to
the list this time. Thus, when you first wrote:

>I wonder if a generational factor is at work here. Of course there
>are exceptions, but perhaps we "boomers" (defined, at least in the
>U.S., as anyone who can remember where they were when JFK was shot),

I sent you the following explanation of the term, "baby-boomer":

Baby boomers are those born in 1946, the first year after WWII, thru
approx. 1953. The name derives from the boom in baby-making, not the
boom heard in 1963. For example: I am 57. I am not a baby-boomer, but
I can certainly remember where I was when Kennedy died.

I'm surprised you haven't seen all the articles about boomers turning
50 this year.

--
Dot James in San Jose, CA "The secret of happiness is not doing
dot -at- hpoemb05 -dot- sj -dot- hp -dot- com what one likes to do, but in liking