Re: PDP-11s

Subject: Re: PDP-11s
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 14:11:21 -0400

>>my best friend
>>on the job was a PDP-11 systems programmer, and he told
>>me that PDP stands for Pink and Dark Purple. The machines
>>were, in fact, those colors. The bottom 2/3 of the machines
>>were dark purple, and the top 1/3 was pink. I have NO
>>idea whether this is true.

Our PDP-11s were sort-of-turquoise and gray, as I recall. The system
manuals were in coordinating colors: sort-of-turquoise (almost matching
the painted metal cabinets) binders, with gray print on the covers. They
clashed horribly with the industrial-green walls and brown
pseudo-marble-patterned linoleum floors, but we loved them anyway <grin>.

@Kat_____ Kat Nagel
MasterWork Consulting Services Rochester, NY
LIFE1 (techwriting/docdesign) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
LIFE2 (vocal chamber music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com