Re: Any Web Page Designers Out There?

Subject: Re: Any Web Page Designers Out There?
From: Phil Atkinson <phila -at- INTUITIVE -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 09:18:30 +0000

John Wilcox wrote:

> Everybody and his uncle does web pages these days. It isn't very difficult,
> and it isn't very rewarding.

I would disagree completely with John's last statement. It is true that
there are a lot of people out there creating Web pages. However, very
few Web pages are well designed and most are just plain awful. The
reward is acheiving successful communication through a new media that
presents it's own benefits and challenges. In my experience, Web page
creation is just as challenging as document design and creation, and
just as rewarding.

Maybe I'm just not cinical enough yet ...

--
Phil Atkinson, Documentation Manager
Intuitive Systems Ltd phone: +44 (0) 1438