Re: Baby Boomers

Subject: Re: Baby Boomers
From: "Hofer, Theresa M PL" <HoferTM -at- PO4 -dot- PL -dot- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 11:33:00 GMT

Dot James wrote:

>Baby boomers are those born in 1946, the first year after WWII, thru
>approx. 1953. The name derives from the boom in baby-making, not the
>boom heard in 1963. For example: I am 57. I am not a baby-boomer, but
>I can certainly remember where I was when Kennedy died.

Actually, according to a gerontology class I took several years ago, the
generation commonly referred to as "baby boomers" extends from 1946 to about
1964. Dot's reason for the definition is correct; the Kennedy
assassination is just a coincidental, but handy, milestone. Of course, if
we're going to get picky about this piece of trivia, we should probably call
in someone whose profession is charting U.S. population demographics and see
what he/she says.

Now back to tech writing...

Theresa Hofer
HoferTM -at- po4 -dot- pl -dot- unisys -dot- com