Re: Passive activity, voice-wise

Subject: Re: Passive activity, voice-wise
From: Kent Newton <KentN -at- METRIX-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 18:54:00 PST

If I'm not mistaken, *has demonstrated* is the present perfect tense and
not passive voice. In this case, the sentence indicates that the
experimental evidence has, at some indefinite time in the past,
demonstrated the facts -- not that the experimental evidence was
demonstrated by the fact.

Kent Newton
Senior Technical Writer
Metrix, Inc.