Re: What *is* user-friendly...

Subject: Re: What *is* user-friendly...
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 08:44:43 -0800

Larry Kunz writes:

>I wonder if a generational factor is at work here.

I doubt it. Japanese companies have been using cutesy-wutesy cartoons
in their manuals for ages. Not only in end-user-manuals aimed at
foreign morons, but in their domestic technical manuals aimed at
professionals.

They can reach Barney-like levels of ersatz cuteness, too.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon, President/Managing Editor, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139