Re: What *is* user friendly

Subject: Re: What *is* user friendly
From: rjl -at- BOSTECH -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 14:29:27 EST

WandaJane said:

>I feel
>compelled to clarify that my buddy was not talking about cartoons, per
>se, but, um, lets call them *pert* icons and perhaps even a kind of
>guide, like Bob...

And, sadly, I'm one of the folks that contributed to the wandering.

But even on the stricter definition, I'll stand by my first statement. To
me, "user friendly" means "easilly understood." Bob and cute icons don't
contribute to that. I'd rather have a clearly written, dry looking manual
than a "cute" icon-loaded pile of muddled words.

Rick Lippincott
Boston Technology
Wakefield, MA
rjl -at- bostech -dot- com